Wednesday, May 19, 2010

And the Baby Anxiety Beings……..

As I think about how much I still have to accomplish before the birth of our first child, I also think about how much fun it will be to prepare for the new arrival. Part of it seems to be a little overwhelming but I’m sure if I can just sit back and relax and do a few things at a time, it will be a more enjoyable experience.

I was 7 months pregnant on Tuesday, May 18, and I haven’t even started on the nursery. Guess I’m procrastinating. And I’m sure I’ll be panicking before long. Nothing like a little panic to get things rolling. Oddly enough, I’m really looking forward to putting the baby furniture and things together. Okay, so I have a little more room to look forward to it than Randy does since I won’t be doing most of it. But I can see it now….all of the weird confused looks from my husband when he can’t find the right piece. Or the look on my own face when there are extra screws not used. I wonder how many men my husband will con into helping him and how long it will take them. If it were not for the explicative’s coming from my husband’s mouth, it might be a rather funny activity to video. But the pride on my husband’s face once he accomplishes putting that piece of furniture or toy together will be priceless. I’ll have to do the usual bragging and complimenting him on his wisdom and handiness. And how great a job he did even if I am worrying about the extra screws not used.

No comments: