Monday, July 5, 2010

8th Month Hell

I've been so proud of myself. I have had such an easy pregnancy. No morning sickness, no constipation, no major issues at all. Other than a few mood swings (and only a few - just ask my hubby) i've been able to laugh at the changes my body is going through. Unfortunately, at this point....i'm 35 weeks tomorrow (Tuesday 7/6/10), i'm not laughing any more. I've only got about 5 weeks left but i'm hoping Riley wants to come about 2-3 weeks early. I believe i have earned the right to complain a little so here goes.......I can't sleep well at night. I've tried the bed, the recliner and the couch. And no sleep makes for a very cranky preggo woman! The swelling in my feet i'm tolerating but to be honest, it's starting to wear on me too. Mainly because my incredible hulk feet have managed to tear up my favorite pair of sandals. I had to buy flip flops to wear...glad it's warm enough. But i'm also swelling up past my knees too which makes me ill because it's so uncomfortable to bend my knees. But i'm also swelling in my nasal passages so it's harder to breathe half the time. I'm constantly blowing my nose because my sinuses are all messed up now, which in turn gives me a nose bleed. And of course my belly is so far out there that sitting comfortably is becoming nearly impossible. I have to sit leaning back. Actually, it's probably more like PLOPPING down (waiting to plop down and miss a chair or something one day). Sitting up straight means my boobs rest on my larger than life belly and my belly rests in my lap. Like a big blob. And regardless of how i sit or lay, my back is starting to kill me...aching. I did find my heating pad so i'm praying it will work. If not....i may resort to meds which i've been good about  not using. And of course the shortness of breath helps a ton!! Not to mention the contractions....i now know i'm having them....i assume they are braxton hicks but either way it tightens my stomach all over and it makes the shortness of breath that much more difficult. Ok, so today is a whiney day....like i said, i haven't slept well. I'm off my soap box. Now if only i can get up off the recliner to go eat supper.......

No comments: