Friday, June 3, 2011

Hello Amelia!!

Randy and I usually take a nice long vacation once a year. Usually to the smoky mountains. This year money has been a little tight with me not having a job, so I was so thrilled that we were able to visit his relatives on Amelia Island (close to Jacksonville) for Memorial Weekend. We actually left on Thursday morning and came back on Monday.

Thursday was basically just us relaxing after a 6 hour drive (maybe a little longer since we stopped to eat). Riley did very well on the way down there. He slept and watched TV, etc and got fussy only when it was time to eat anyway. Well, he did get fussy when he had a dirty diaper and we had to stop and a service station.
Friday, Randy, Riley and I went to visit Fort Clinch State Park on the island. It is very similar to St. Andrews State Park. There is camping, fishing, swimming and a playground. We didn’t spend much time here but I hope to do some swimming In this area next time we visit.  We also visited the beach briefly that day (without Riley).






On Saturday, Randy’s dad, Randy and I got up before the sun and went to the beach down the road to look for shark teeth. I mostly found seashells but Randy did find a shark tooth. Unfortunately, he broke it when he sat on it. We also played 18 holes of golf…..of course. And later we got in the pool with Riley. He loved it and it wore him out!



Sunday was our last full day.  Riley and a couple of the other guys went to play 27 holes of golf. I can barely make 18 holes so I opted out. Instead, the ladies went shopping. When we got back, the ladies and Randy went to the beach to hang out for a little while.  Riley went back to the house with the ladies so that Randy and I could spend time together alone. Of course, I had to get some sunset pictures and then we went to a restaurant on the beach to eat alone. Very nice. Then we went back to the house and got in the pool alone.





A good time was had by all. And i'm so sad to see her go. But alas, Amelia Island, we will be visiting again one day....hopefully soon. Till then, i bid her a farewell.

No comments: