Friday, June 18, 2010

Doctor Appt at 32 Weeks

My doctor was not there so i saw the nurse practitioner or whoever. I told her about my swollen feet and legs yesterday. Told her it was worse than i've had and worse than they are today. My blood pressure was like 130/80 which is a little higher than my usual. But nothing major. But she sent me to the hospital to get monitored. She said she thought it was fine but wanted to try and rule out toxemia...at least for now. So hubby and i went there and they hooked me up to do some pressure checks. No big deal but i was there an hour. I told Randy he didn't have to go but he said he wanted to be there in case something happened. They hooked me up to keep a check on Riley's heartbeat too. The first check they did was a little higher than my normal. But then it went down on the next 2-3 checks. Anyway, when they were done checking she came back in there and asked me if i knew or could feel i was contracting every couple minutes. I told her no that i only felt what i thought was the baby. Weird huh. I asked her how i was suppose to know the difference and she didn't act like she knew. But apparently she called the doctor and he already knew and went ahead and released me to go home. I asked her if it was braxton hicks and she said it was possible. These people are so informative!! She asked me how far i lived from the hospital and i told her about 15min and she said that had i lived further away she'd go ahead and check my cervix to be sure but since i'm so close she'd leave it up to me. I opted out. I figured if it's not hurting somehow then it must be ok. She just told me if i got to hurting, had blurred vision or headaches to come back.

No comments: