Thursday, August 5, 2010

Stretch Marks?? Seriously??

Nobody wants them but 75%-90% of pregnant women get them. They are caused by genetics or by gaining too much weight or too much weight at one time. Some call them badges of honor or badges of motherhood. I call them ugly. Yes, i'm talking about the dreaded......stretch mark. Also known as scarring on the skin.

I noticed when i got out of the shower this morning that i had some squiggly purple lines on my butt. I wasn't sure if they were stretch marks or indentions from something i sat on (was hoping the latter). I decided to look again later. Well, several hours later, they are still there. UGH! And i thought i was going to get away with no stretch marks...instead i get them AFTER my skin is almost back to normal. Go figure. Luckily, they are in a place that stays covered. I will be checking myself out further though and hoping for the best. Some swear by different lotions and creams that prevent stretch marks. I even used the stuff myself....just in case they do work.....but i guess i should've been putting it on my butt. I guess i'm in the club now.....i'll call them my badges of motherhood all the while trying out the creams that promise to lighten them.

No comments: