Saturday, May 7, 2011

My 1st "Official" Mother's Day

As Mother’s Day approaches, I think about how blessed I am. I have a wonderful mother who has taught me right from wrong, and who brought me up in a loving Christian home. Even as a grown woman and mother myself, my momma still tries to help steer me in the right direction. We have always been close and I consider her one of my best friends. We do things together and tell each other everything. We have always had an open honest relationship that I will cherish forever. Not everyone shares a close bond with their mother like I do, and for that I am truly thankful. I LOVE YOU MOMMA! HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!

I want to take a moment to send my condolences to those who have lost their mother. I cannot fathom what that must feel like and I pray it’s a long time before I ever find out.

I am also very thankful for such a wonderful mother-in-law. My MIL is certainly no “Monster in law” like some I have heard stories about. From day one, she has tried to make me feel comfortable in her home. She treats me like one of her own children. She is down to earth, easy to talk to, and very helpful. THANK YOU AND HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY MRS. EDNA!

And lastly, I feel so overwhelmed with emotion at being a mother myself. The Lord loved us before he ever knew us. And I can now relate, as I loved my son while I carried him in the womb. It’s so surreal to love somebody you have never met. And now at 10 months old I love him even more. Being a mom is such a wonderful, albeit trying, experience. I am so grateful that the Lord decided to entrust me with such an important role. I pray for guidance, understanding, patience and compassion as I try to raise my son to be a “family” man. A man that will be one of my best friends. And most importantly as a Godly man of faith. I LOVE YOU DAVID RILEY CARLTON! AND I AM SO BLESSED TO BE YOUR MOTHER!

No comments: